SoccerBetter Episode 2 is all about LGBT issues in soccer. Join Liz and LauraEllen as they discuss research on the experiences and perceptions of LGBT athletes and soccer players.
Support LGBT Athletes by ordering this shirt: Playing for Pride Shirt- https://goldengoalpress.com/product/playing-for-pride-unisex-jersey-short-sleeve-tee/
Let us know what you think on Twitter @BGNSoccerBetter and be sure to leave us a review!
Thank you to our sponsors Golden Goal Press and Ruffneck Scarves.
References for Episode 2:
- “In the U.S., Estimate of LGBT Population Rises to 4.5%”
Gallup, Frank Newport, 2018
- “Athletic Trainers’ Attitudes Toward Lesbian, Gay, and Bisexual National Collegiate Athletic Association Student-Athletes”
Ensign, et al., 2011
- “John Amaechi: Football ‘toxic’ for gay people and minorities”
David Ornstein, BBC Sports, 2014
- “Between Homohysteria and Inclusivity: Tolerance Towards Sexual Diversity in Sport”
Piedra, et al., 2017
- “A Multilevel Model for Understanding the Experiences of LGBT Sport Participants”
- “Meet the 14 openly gay or bisexual soccer stars at the Women’s World Cup: These footballers are paving the way for equality in sport”
Hollie Pycroft, 2015