For the second time this season, Las Vegas Lights FC shut out and defeated Tacoma Defiance at Cashman Field. Danny Musovski scored within the first few minutes of the match and that’s all the LAFC affiliate needed for the victory.
One shot on goal, one goal: It’s rarely going to be a positive result when you only register one shot on target. But, for Lights FC, they were able to bury that one chance and it gave them all three points.
Three Brightest Lights
(BGN’s Man of the Match) CC Uche: The best performance of the season for the Lights FC captain. He made a whopping 12 clearances, two tackles, and completed 80% of his passes. He was the key for Las Vegas getting a clean sheet.
Danny Musovski: On loan from LAFC, the local star converted the early goal that proved to be the match-winner. He had another close effort later in the first half and was very active in the attack.
Roberto Molina: His pressing forced a turnover and led to an assist on Musovski’s goal. He finished with two chances created, two shots, and attempted four crosses.
- As I mentioned above, huge effort from the captain, Uche, last night. He put himself in the right place at the right time throughout the match and helped keep shots away from reaching Alex Rando.
- Last night was the first win for Rando this season as he made three saves in the clean sheet performance.
- Frank Daroma, one of the bright young stars of the team, completed 54/56 passes and made two tackles. He continues to form a crucial tandem with Danny Crisostomo in the Lights FC midfield.
- At times, the Lights were a little too loose with their passing and gave Tacoma some opportunities on the break.
- Las Vegas will be hoping that they could face Tacoma every week, taking all six points from their two matches vs. the Seattle Sounders FC affiliate this season.
- Lights FC are up to 6th in the Pacific Division with ten points, just two points behind the final playoff position.
Next Saturday, Las Vegas Lights FC will get their first look at Oakland Roots SC in USL Championship action. Oakland plays a nearby away match vs. Sacramento Republic FC before hosting the Lights.