In the first-ever matchup between the clubs, Las Vegas Lights FC came away victorious vs. Oakland Roots SC. Tarn Weir opened the scoring for Roots SC before Danny Crisostomo and Tony Leone scored in the second half to secure the result.
17-5 shots, 9-3 shots on target. Despite playing on the road, Lights FC were the more aggressive, effective club in the attack. They tripled Oakland in shots and shots on goal, crucial to the 2-1 away win.
Three Brightest Lights
(BGN Man of the Match) Danny Crisostomo: The captain scored the equalizer and was crucial in distribution with two chances created, nine attempted crosses, and 90.7% passing accuracy.
Tony Leone: He got on the end of a loose ball in the box and buried his chance to give Lights FC the win. He had four clearances and three interceptions in defense.
Frank Daroma: Playing alongside Crisostomo, he completed 41/44 passes and was as important defensively with three interceptions, three tackles, and three clearances.
- With the win, Las Vegas Lights FC move ahead of LA Galaxy II into a playoff position in the Pacific Division. Los Dos plays Tacoma Defiance later today, but for now, it’s Las Vegas in the fourth spot.
- Nine players were loaned down from LAFC for this match, including the goalscorer Leone.
- Prior to the match, there were some late scratches from the Oakland lineup and they ended up with only two substitutes available off the bench. Per the club, the roster was limited due to league health and safety protocols.
- Poor giveaway and poor defending from Lights FC on the Roots SC goal.
- Both clubs struggled with crossing the ball on a very windy night in The Bay.
- Cal Jennings finished with six shots and was very active in the attack. There were times that he did dwell on the ball too long.
- After getting his first professional win vs. Tacoma, it’s now back-to-back wins in goal for Alex Rando, who made a pair of saves. Donovan Palomares, a young LAFC Academy goalkeeper, served as Rando’s backup.
Las Vegas Lights FC will be back at Cashman Field on Wednesday as they host Sacramento Republic FC. Sacramento are winless in their last nine matches, including a 2-0 loss vs. Orange County SC last night when the club also saw two red cards.