Las Vegas Lights FC didn’t have the juice to keep up with Phoenix Rising FC, losing 6-3 at Cashman Field yesterday afternoon.
22 shots, 10 shots on target for Phoenix. It was simply too much offense for Lights FC to handle as Phoenix put the pedal to the metal early.
Three Brightest Lights
Cal Jennings: Continuing impressive recent form, the LAFC loanee scored a hat trick for Lights FC on five total shots.
Bruce El-Mesmari: With one assist included, El-Mesmari completed all 15 of his passes and added one chance created.
Danny Trejo: He assisted on Jennings’ opening goal, created two chances, and tallied four shots of his own.
- It was a rare afternoon match for Lights FC and it certainly started off on the wrong foot as the hosts trailed 3-0 in the 17th minute.
- After two goals from Jennings, Trejo nearly equalized before the break but hit the post instead.
- Possession finished almost exactly level as LV held 49.9% and Phoenix 50.1%.
- Las Vegas had to make 33 clearances as Rising FC threatened the goal all afternoon.
- While he was left exposed at times by his defense, this was far from the best performance by Alex Rando in goal for Lights FC.
- Speaking of goalkeepers, former Las Vegas goalkeeper Lalo Delgado got the start between the pipes for Phoenix. He made three saves against his former club.
The final away match of the season for Las Vegas Lights FC as they travel to Irvine, California to face Orange County SC next Saturday. Before they host Las Vegas, OCSC plays Oakland Roots SC and San Diego Loyal SC.